Become a Member

Land Use


OFTR currently maintains a number of Land Use Agreements with Crown Partners, countys, municipalities , conservation areas and private holdings. The agreements can also take the form of an Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). These documents ensure both entities are on the same page and allow for the use of the land by off road motorcycles. The LUA’s or MOU’s are sometimes specific to the operating club, to OFTR or to both.

The conditions for the agreements vary from area to area. As mentioned, in some areas the owners of the property just want an agreement on paper with a recognized organization carrying proper liability insurance. In other areas the land owner requires us to provide insurance for every kilometer of trail.