Job opportunity: Director of Sponsorship Development
This position is expected to be 2-3 days a week, throughout the year. The Ontario Federation of Trail (off-road motorcycle) Riders (OFTR, www.oftr.ca) provides resources and advocacy for Ontarians who love trail riding and exploring the great outdoors. In partnership with our member clubs we source, create, and maintain a trail network for the responsible use by off-road motorcyclists. We provide a strong voice supported by a substantial membership to represent off-road riders to ensure these trails continue to be accessible. As an organization we are strongly committed to the safety of our members and the public at large as well as responsible shared use of Ontario’s outdoor multi use forest spaces.
Currently the OFTR has 6500 members and 13 clubs. Our clubs are throughout the province and a trail network consisting of rail trail, double track, and single track. The OFTR is the voice of the off-road motorcycle community.
The Director of Sponsorship Development is responsible for the development and implementation of Ontario Federation of Trail Riders's sponsorship strategy which secures revenue for the organization. He/she develops the sponsorship strategy and sets priorities, goals and budgets; researches and identifies potential sponsors; cultivate potential sponsors; and communicates with current sponsors. He/she writes proposals to obtain grants and prepares presentations to deliver to potential sponsors and key stakeholders. Sponsors include manufacturers, aftermarket equipment, insurance brokers, ancillary services, and others. Other tasks include maintaining sponsor databases, working with the Executive Director and assisting with event planning and campaigns as needed.
- Ability to sell
- Networking and Relationship Building
- Planning and Organizing
- Service Orientation
- Maintain and grow Sponsorship opportunities for the OFTR.
- Help design and evolve the OFTR Sponsorship program.
- Develop and maintain established and prospective sponsor contact lists, ensuring
- accurate and up-to-date information.
- Engage in continuous research in an effort to identify new and potential sponsors.
- Ensure all sponsors receive recognition for their sponsorship and contributions.
- Attend OFTR Club events.
- Develop and build upon existing relationships with groups, companies, and
- individuals who are current or potential sponsors.
- Liaise with previous sponsors to ensure continued support.
- Draft proposals and presentations for potential sponsors.
- Develop sponsorship strategies and oversee all aspects of fundraising programs.
- Identify sponsorship goals for the OFTR and oversee the solicitation of funds to
- meet these goals.
- Identify new sponsors and organize initiatives to secure sponsorship.
- Coordinate promotional methods to ensure potential sponsors are aware of the
- Work with the Executive Director to produce regular progress reports.
- Liaise with external designers and other Ontario Federation of Trail Riders staff to
- produce sponsorship related communications.
- Attend monthly OFTR Board meetings and other committee meetings as needed.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business, Marketing or other related area of
- study or previous experience in a similar role.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in roles related to sponsorship/sales
- Not-for-profit organizational or association experience is considered to be an
- Excellent writing skills, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize
- tasks with minimal supervision.
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion.
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
- Resourcefulness and flexibility.
- Goal oriented.
- Exceptional oral and verbal communication skills.
- Great presentation skills with Powerpoint (or similar)
- Proven customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player and to facilitate and mobilize
- Fully literate in Word, Excel Google Workspace, and other computer applications
- such as Canva, Slack, and Constant Contact.
- Outgoing, inclusive and welcoming in nature.
- Resourceful, motivated and energetic.
- M license (asset not required)
- Work from home primarily.
- Some travel required to Sponsor locations and club events around Ontario.
- Moderately skilled to operate and manage desktop computers and peripherals.
- Some weekend work to attend riding events or shows is expected.
- Employees are expected to have their own vehicle and appropriate license.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.